1. I switched on cross-posting to Tumblr. I hope it works! (Totally inspired by muccamukk
who is getting femslashex
organised for this year.) I already have cross-posting set up for comicstore_news
but I want to be more integrated here.
, a femslash exchange that is lots of fun! The new schedule is up, and nominations will open soon.
3. I did Camp NaNo. I wrote 30K of Person of Interest fixit fic. Now I must finish it. I'm starting to think I'm a serial non-finisher of long fics. (Would anyone be interested in Ameripicking?)
4. Imzy is a thing suddenly, and might be the next thing fandom moves to after Tumblr. It seems to have comments that thread, and a generally more friendly atmosphere, though there is some question about whether they'll allow NC-17 art works. (The answer from the creators right now seems to be yes for fanworks, no for pr0n, which might not make for the best fandom environment? But they're talking about it, at least.) My personal comm is here
- that's what people seem to be doing, since you can't follow individual profiles just yet.
Some others I've followed: femslash_frivolityfail_fandom_anon pokemongo
(still very quiet)misbehaving_muses
(This is a place to vent, complain, or brainstorm when your muses refuse to cooperate.)personofinterest
(But I don't know if it's a fannish comm or what.)
And a few I found that other people might be interested in: cap_ironmanvorkosiganforever_tvbabylon_5the_mentalisttragic_magic_ninjas
- Naruto commPorn/erotic art policy + feature requests on Imzy
- this is more discussion from the creators about the subject, as well as news about features to come.
I have a bunch of invites, if anyone wants. Leave a comment, or PM if you don't want your email visible in a comment. (ETA: I'm out of invites now, but lilacsigil
has a heap, so your invite might come from her.)
5. Discharging some linkspamMeet Fu Yuanhui, The Most Lovable Athlete At The Rio Olympics
(Omg, she is adorable and adorkable. There are gifs there.)Why tourists are flocking to this Australian hotel room
Spoilers: because it was in Free! Eternal Summer. I love how accurately the room and the hotel were drawn, though. That's gorgeous and I can understand why fans would want to stay there. fuckyeahtarotdecks
, because if, like me, you have banned yourself from buying more decks that will just sit on the shelf, you can at least look at some pretty art. ChrysalisStudios
has beautiful jewellery made from actual insects (collected from butterfly sanctuaries. (I really like this: Lime green butterfly wing pendant
makes anatomical lockets, which are sort of gruesome and sort of cool. I like the layers on this one: Burgess shale fossil necklace