I hate being so sick that all you can do is sit and cry in bewilderment. I am really bad at being that sick.
ETA: since I left this post hanging, my leg blew up even more, and I've been in hospital on IV antibiotics. They're not admitting me, yet, but it's possible if I don't show a vast improvement. At the moment, they've sent me home to stay 'in bed with toilet privileges'. Some hours later, I am disappoint that (a) I am not instantly better and (b) staying in bed when you have to is a whole other extremely tedious thing.
At least I am very lucky to have lilacsigil to brain some sense into me and to bring me meds and coffee and a muffin and to remind me that it's okay not to be at work.
- thisfinecrew - a place to gather links to resources and step-by-step actions to take to be more involved in various efforts in the wake of Donald Trump's election to the Presidency.
(Is helpful at breaking tasks down into little steps, and has links to things like phone scripts.)
- spoonlessactivists - for anyone who wants to do something about this world we're in, something to make it a better, more humane place - but is short on resources.
Oldie but a goodie:
- Shelter dogs feel lonely and abandoned, so children practice reading books to them - an old link, but one that I find continually revivifying.
News about Phryne Fisher:
- Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries Movie, Prequel TV Show Details
- ABC's Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries set to become an action movie trilogy
Sea life, squee life:
EVNautilus - this youtube channel is soothing and delightful, for me, anyway. It's a bunch of science nerds of various flavours watching the feeds from the Exploration Vessel Nautilus as it explores the ocean floor off Vancouver Island's west coast. The scientists geek out in delightful ways over cute octopi and pooping sea pigs and this one time a sperm whale came to check out the submersible. I find it very cheering. Nautilus Live is the home for the project if you want to read more about it.
Some of my favourite videos:
Rare Sperm Whale Encounter (They're so excited!)
Shy Octopus Hides Inside Its Own Tentacles
Ugh, I have to go back to the hospital at 8:30 tonight to get more ABs, and again tomorrow and it's very tedious. And I thought I'd get so much NaNo done, but strangely enough, when you're sick and uncomfortable, your concentration is not great, and I am probably never going to catch my word debt from being sick all week and. I mean. Honestly, I'm really bad at this shit. My leg seems to be less swollen, though? Still really red, but instead of a red shiny hotdog, it's more like an old shrivelled wrinkly hotdog.
Son of ETA: I forgot that I caught a Diglett at the hospital!! Diglett is so ridiculously cheering.
[A hospital bed with a Diglett spawned at the end. The Diglett is CP 183]